- SPECIAL EVENT -
Annual Bike Blessing - 2023
We will be having our Annual Bike Blessing again this year.
Date: April 29, 2023
Registration opens: 10am
Blessings start: Around Noon
Riders - $20.00 Passengers/Guests - $15.00 ea.
COME OUT AND SUPPORT US
The American Legion Riders - National Organization
Check our Events Calendar Page for updated information.
Chapter History and Goals:
On January 10, 2010, five members of American Legion Post 1033 family- Angel A. Camacho, Sal Martella, Peter Foltmer, John Seymour and Gino Puma- Veterans and Sons of the American Legion Post 1033, got together and formed the American Legion Riders of Post 1033, which was chartered and accepted by the National American Legion Riders Association.
As proposed by ALR National, the aims and goals of ALR 1033 are to:
- participate in parades and other ceremonies that are in keeping with the Aims and Purposes of the American Legion;
- promote motorcycle safety programs;
- provide a social atmosphere for American Legion Riders' members;
- use our Association to promote and support the programs of the American Legion;
- establish a credible organization that provides a lasting camaraderie among Veterans, Sons, Auxiliary and family who are motorcycle riders;
- provide notable assistance to ALL veterans, past and present, and to visit aging veterans' homes and severely wounded servicemen and women in hospitals;
- make ourselves visible to the public and community within the aims and purposes of our family of the American Legion as we extend ourselves in helping and serving our post, all communities and our nation.
Our purpose is to seek out veterans and their family members who are part of the American Legion family as motorcycle riders to participate in our monthly meetings, activities and events.
We seek members who are willing to work hard, show up when counted on and volunteer to help others with self-satisfaction the only payment, and the knowledge that you have done something good for the Post, Community and Nation. We are seeking members who are proud to hold their heads high, as we do. American Legion Riders ride through all areas, cities, counties and communities as one group with only the wish to instill and spread the word of the goodwill and care that our organization seeks for all veterans and their families.
We normally meet on the first Tuesday of every month
at 20:00 hours at Elmont American Legion Post 1033
60 Hill Avenue, Elmont, NY 11003
American Legion Riders Post 1033
Officers & Contact Information
Post Phone #: 516-354-9884
Director: Kevin Tirman - email@example.com
Asst. Director: Glenn “Mountain” Kinney - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Dawn "Tigger" Samuel - email@example.com
Treasurer: Bill "Doc" Lorusso - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Treasurer: Sal “Godfather” Martella - email@example.com
Membership Officer: Eric “Professor” Spinner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sgt. At Arms: Billy "Braves" DePietro - email@example.com
Chaplain: Bill "Doc" Lorusso - firstname.lastname@example.org
Webmaster: Eric "Professor" Spinner - email@example.com
Next Page >>